Thursday, July 12, 2012

Honey glazed salmon

honey glazed salmon
Even though I am Chinese-American, I hardly ever cook Chinese food. Authentic Chinese food, that is. Partly because the Mister and I usually eat with his dad at legit Chinese restaurants once a week, which negates any desire to cook the cuisine at home. And mostly because I feel like no matter how hard I try, my Chinese dishes just don't taste as good as my mama's. Also, it doesn't help that when my mama cooks, she is so pro that she never measures anything, and literally throws things together, so there aren't articulate recipes to adhere to. However, I do fancy Asian fusion dishes (like this salad), and this honey glazed salmon is one of my, if not very, favorite concoctions yet. It took several attempts until I felt it was just right; cooking is so often trial and error for me, though you guys only see the finished, approved products after rounds of trying this then that. The marinade gives salmon fillets a sweet and tangy yet not overpowering Asian-inspired flavor. It would make a really tasty salad dressing too. The trick to making this super amazing salmon is broiling instead of baking it. I've tried baking it, but it does not compare to what results when broiled. Broiling the salmon shall create a marvelous, slightly crispy, caramel-esque crust on the outside, but will be insanely flaky and melt-in-your-mouth soft on the inside. So. divine. Especially when eaten with garlicky Paremesan-sprinkled broccoli, prepared in the same way as I saute all veggies per here. I sincerely hope you enjoy!
honey glazed salmon with garlicky broccoli
Irresistible Honey Glazed Salmon

Ingredients:
1-1 1/2 lbs fresh salmon fillets
1/3 cup honey
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Sesame seeds (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to broiler setting at 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Place salmon fillets in a large ziploc bag.
2. Combine honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and pepper in a bowl. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Pour over each salmon fillet, seal baggie, and allow fish to marinate for about 20 minutes.
3. Place marinated fillets on broiler pan or baking sheet, skin side down. Pour the rest of the marinade over each fish fillet so that it saturates the salmon. Place in the oven and broil for about 7 minutes, or until a slight caramel-colored crust forms on top of salmon fillets. Remove fish from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!