Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bitty beef and fried egg sliders

sliders 1
I couldn't beat the husband's burger craving, so I went with bite-sized versions. I habitually use ground turkey to make turkey burgers, but the Mister pleaded for real meat (beef). I figured that it couldn't be that bad if we were having sliders, so I fashioned mini beef patties out of extra lean ground beef. I grilled them atop sizzling caramelized onions sauteed in extra virgin olive oil, and they were perfect with a fried egg and some fixins on top, all snuggled cozily in between toasted slider buns, and accompanied by baked sweet potato fries. sliders 2
sliders 3
Bitty Beef and Fried Egg Sliders

Ingredients:
1/2 onion, minced
1/2 lb extra lean ground beef
Sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
8 slices sharp cheddar cracker cuts
6 slider buns
3 eggs
Roma tomato, sliced thinly
Condiments (optional)

Directions:
1. Toss onion with 1/2 tsp sea salt in a medium bowl. Set aside for about 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, season beef with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Separate beef evenly into 6 balls.With damp hands, press balls into patties about 3 1/2" wide and 1/8" thick. Place on a plastic-wrap lined plate.
2. In a skillet over medium low heat, add onion in an even layer. Cook without moving onion for five minutes, or until onion turns pale golden brown. Arrange beef patties on top of onion mixture. Season tops of patties with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook for 1 minute, and top each patty with a slice of sharp cheddar. Continue cooking over low heat until patties are done, about 2-3 more minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toast slider buns in a toaster oven. Fry eggs in 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
4. On a slider bottom, place condiments if desired, beef patty, 1/2 fried egg, tomato, and more condiments, if desired, before placing the slider top. Enjoy immediately with baked sweet potato fries.

19 comments:

  1. It іs crafteԁ up frоm νarious grаdes of
    соmpact mixture that have been beforehanԁ coated in sizzling bitumen that
    acts аs a binԁer when cοmbined comprehensively with
    ωarm asphalt. Sittіng thеre on your counter, it barely seems able of such miracles, but thе
    eаrliest timers and thе seasοned cooks alike wіll take advantage of incorporating that customary flaѵor to their faѵored ԁiѕheѕ.
    (Υou are aіming foг the regularity of ρeanut buttег.
    Also visit my homepage how to clean a pizza stone bread

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I think these are the prettiest hamburgers I've ever seen. =) I'll have to get in the kitchen and make this happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this made me so hungry! looks delicious!
    xo
    Ylenia
    Ambitieuse.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caramelized onions? Say no more, I am sure I could eat a whole one, onion that is, I love em. It's funny that you put an egg on it, they do that in South America too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so cute! And as a girl who doesn't like "real" meat, they look good, too! And sweet potato fries? My fave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious. And I love your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! everything is cuter almost-bite size.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks delicious! I am getting really hungry now!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. yumm looks delicious! Ive never tried sweet potato fries...might give them a try now

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this post i thought i
    could also make comment due to this good post.

    Feel free to visit my webpage; online job search engines

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I want this NOW. You are an excellent food photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! This post couldn't be written any better! Looking at this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he's going to have a
    great read. Many thanks for sharing!

    Review my page: quick cash check advance

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! This post couldn't be written any better! Looking at this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he's going to have a great read.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    my weblog :: quick cash check advance
    my site :: take a look over here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh God, they look delicious. Haha, I'm getting back in to my healthy eating routine (what with holidays having passed). It's so hard, but I'm going to persevere!! ^^

    http://www.joyjoii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look amazing! I was just going through my menu for the week and searching for new meals to make. I'll have to add this one to our list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mini-anything and i must.have.it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!