Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mango grilled chicken spinach salad with raspberry viniagrette

mango chicken salad 1
mango chicken salad 2
We're over the comfort foods that I mentioned in my last few recipe posts. We braved a veritably frigid winter for about two weeks in January (30-40 degree weather in Los Angeles is as real as winter gets here), but now the weather has slowly inched towards the warmer temperatures, which coincides with our systems' craving for fresher foods, specifically in the green category, for we're tired of traditional winter fare  - soups, heavier proteins, and carbs. We had a bunch of odds and ends in the kitchen, which manifested themselves into a mango chicken salad of sorts.  It turned out rather tasty, and our guests scarfed down the salad more speedily than the main entree that night. One can't go wrong with avocado, mango, and grilled chicken as salad complements. We've definitely been making this salad on repeat since then - it's fast to throw together, full of nutrients, rich in protein, and replete with satisfying textures.mango chicken salad 3
Mango Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette

Ingredients:
Baby spinach
Red onion, thinly sliced
Carrots, grated into thin strips
Greek kalamata olives
Avocado, thinly sliced
Mango, cubed
Grilled chicken
Roasted pistachios
Roasted almonds
Freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp seedless sugar-free raspberry jam
Handful of fresh raspberries

Directions:
1. Combine spinach, red onion, carrots, kalamata olives, avocado, mango, and grilled chicken. Season with some freshly ground pepper. Top with roasted pistachios and almonds.
2. In a food processor or blender, combine extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, jam, and raspberries. Blend until smooth. Drizzle dressing lightly over salad and enjoy!

27 comments:

  1. I can't believe you just the together the prettiest salad ever! Omgsh. I am always amazed when I read your blog! My husband would be a happy, happy guy if I could do what you do in the kitchen! My thrown-together salad would probably be spinach leaves, tomatoes and parmesan. I am so boring. (and I actually have done that kind of recently haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOoO~ nommy salad<3
    Wanna try this since I've never had it with mango~

    xoxo
    EV

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMM!! This sounds so good and satisfying. I'll have to try to make this...especially since my husband loves raspberry vinaigrette dressing! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, how pretty are all of these greens mixed together!? I seriously love photographing salads! the salad dressing sounds amazing!

    lindsey lousie

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, who wouldn't want to eat this on repeat! So delicious!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. I eat salads everyday and use tons of veggies, leftovers from dinner, nuts and cheese and it is so filling. Yours looks delicious and I am sure tastes so good after many heavy meals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been eating spinach lately like there is no tomorrow.. So this salad sounds especially scrumptious!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Helen! This looks so fresh, healthy, and delicious!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across
    this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.
    Feel free to surf my site : off road camper trailers

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has mango and chicken: two of my favorite things. I shall be whipping this up, thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm THis looks delicious! And I NEVER say that about salad! ha ha unless it is costa vida;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you for this delicious tutorial. looks so yummy and fresh. i have to try and make this soon! -xo.melody

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm yes this looks very easily devoured by all that lay eyes on it!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Salad is almost everyday here. I love mango, it's so refreshing with salad. It sounds great and it's beautifully photographed. Take care,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautifully captured salad. Love the photo. Healthy and the mango part of it must make it so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think I've had a salad yet this year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so delicious and refreshing. Perfect for summer evening or an evening where you pretend it's summer!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That salad looks soo delicious and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is MY kind of salad! Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there, I'm new to your blog & I just love it. Beautiful pictures, beautiful words... and a beautiful salad too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. how gorgeous and delicious is this salad!

    it looks awesome.
    avocados help this wintery blueness oh-so-much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tuгn on a flourеԁ surface аnd κnead for
    10 mіnutes, aԁdіng moгe flouг as needеd.
    When you агe baking breаd, you cаn raiѕe the brеаd dough іn the colԁ oven аnd thеn јust turn on
    the oven to the cοrrect tempeгature once thе bread iѕ raised.
    There aгe not a lot of frozen pizzаs out thегe that
    locκ in thаt frеsh take out
    tastе and I ωаntеd to ѕee whаt this pizza cοuld offer mе.
    Feel free to surf my page http://www.jeteye.com/jetpak/b0ab4fe7-8302-4a4e-ba53-6013fea42bb1

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yum!!! I really have to try it!
    xo
    Ylenia
    Ambitieuse.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!