Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's delovely

ahmanson
anything goes
ahmanson christmas tree
A&H at ahmanson
We attempt to attend all the musicals that come to town, so I was thrilled when I caught wind that Anything Goes was coming to the Ahmanson for the holiday season. I watched it a few years prior and thoroughly loved it, so it was a lighthearted delight to watch it in its full 1930s naval revue last week. I have been smitten with Cole Porter's songs for ages; they're all so catchy, nostalgic, and, simply, delovely. The husband scored us seats in our own balcony box (which worked out since I was suffering from a cold and would have irked nearby patrons with my wheezing if we were sitting any closer to them), and we hummed along to the tunes throughout the show's entirety. On our way out, I overheard two older ladies reminisce, "Musicals these days are just not made like the classics were." So true.

16 comments:

  1. This is so neat. I LOVE musicals. All growing up, I have loved them. So glad that you got to see this one! I never have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love musicals! And those are such cute photos :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only been to two musicals in my life (Romeo and Juliet, and The Sound of Music), but I loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family and I saw a musical at the Ahmanson one time. That area is so lovely! Musicals are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, I love musicals :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is something that I've tried to do with my husband, but there really doesn't seem to be all that many in my city. I love everything about them. How nice you were able to attend to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything Goes is one of my top favs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This venue looks lovely, I'll bet especially around the holidays! I have not seen a musics in too long!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to your husband scoring box seats!! That is awesome. Sorry you had a cold, but being at a musical ought to take your mind of the sniffles for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this sounds like it was just such a lovely night! I haven't seen this musical yet. I must add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am such a fan of the theater too. I have to admit since having kids it's been harder, but only because we want to take them and it gets quite expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CUTE! You two are absolutely the most adorable couple I know :) Truly mean that! Sounds like an awesome date night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So, so true. They are nothing like the classics. Love this one...and now I'm singing all the songs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing
    From Hary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like another great date night. I haven't heard of this show before. I shall 'google' for more info. Hope you get well soon. I'm suffering from a nasty cold too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! Now if only the mister actually liked musicals and could sit through one with me. Love this idea ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!