Thursday, June 9, 2016

Season's first swim

IMG_5930
IMG_5935
IMG_5929
IMG_5927
IMG_5928
IMG_5926
IMG_5934
IMG_5931
IMG_5924
IMG_5925
IMG_5920
Summer's first heat wave emerged last week, which made swimming at the pool a welcome diversion for our family and sweet friends who came to visit. Alex was so excited for the season's first swim that he scooped up toddler floaties and a huge inflatable dolphin for the kids. He's totally a big kid himself, which offsets my more practical inclinations (I would not have picked up an inflatable dolphin if I were on a mission to just grab floaties). I tried to convince him to inflate the dolphin another time so we could go down to the pool right away, but he persisted. As he predicted, the kids adored riding the dolphin. It was definitely the afternoon's highlight, which he likes to point out and I laughingly admit to this day. In hindset, I'm thankful for Alex's contagious, childlike enthusiasm. Our lives are more fun because of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!