Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Serene turns five

serene turns 5
serene turns 5
serene turns 5
serene turns 5
Our big girl is five years old! We praise God for her life, her enthusiasm, and her eagerness to learn about God and all that He's made. Thankful for her sweet example to her siblings as she lives out her role as "jie jie" ("big sister" in Chinese). Serene has a soft heart that yearns to obey. She is joyful, easily excited by the wonders of childhood: rocks on the path as we take walks, making connections in different things she's learning, and exclaiming over little details that I easily miss throughout the day. She loves the color pink, My Little Pony & Equestria Girls, Ariel, coloring, drawing, math, reading books on her own, family vacations, ballet, twirly dresses, arts & crafts, read-alouds, puzzles, pasta, wearing her hair down, homeschooling and co-op days, imaginary play, family worship, church family, and being a big girl.

We celebrated early on Monday at Legoland as a family for Serene's birthday, and tonight, we'll have an extended family dinner at a local ice cream parlour restaurant per Serene's request. We do a little cake smash for each of the kids' birthdays. This year, Serene requested a Twilight Sparkle cake smash with a balloon. She received a sparkly pink dress a la Equestria Girl Twilight Sparkle. I made cake toppers imitating Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark, which we stuck on a mini bundt cake. We blew up a giant silver number 5 balloon as the backdrop. It was simple but sweet and helpful because we had our homeschool co-op this morning.

I'm in awe of how God has grown Serene this past year, particularly in her inquisitiveness and desire to explore more of everything God has made. She's thriving and having a blast in her kindergarten studies, but moreover, is learning about God's love for others as she practices compassion and love for our community - our family, extended family, church family, and friends. I'm so grateful God chose Alex and me to be Sereney's parents. We are blessed indeed that God made us parents five years ago. We love you so, Serene Joy Joy!

3 comments:

  1. This blog is really written on a very candid topics. That made me to read your blog. I must say you are blessed with a good ability of writing. The words used in your articles are chosen to convey the thoughts of writer. All can write but only few can write in an interesting way with good meaning in it. It is really interesting to read such a perfect article. Keep sharing good thoughts. I am a writer at best essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing such a cutie. As I have just ended working on discussion post I can spend some more time on blogs like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! I am a decorator of weedings and create different wedding-related things in order to make halls more beautiful, moreover I want to become more and more proffessional in that sphere so should pass different tests and essays in order to get the promotion and become more qualified, so I will definitely use your article if you are not against, and help of the proffessional writers from https://prime-resume.com/ who will be ready to conduct instead of me my resume I can get nursing resume example

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!