Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Seven years




















In celebration of seven years of marriage, Alex planned a quick getaway to my favorite city where I spent college, postgrad, and pre-marriage years. Our first overnight trip with four kids fared better than we expected, praise God! Then again, I went in with low expectations because in this season of life with young children, family vacations are not my favorite. They're not very relaxing since the kids (and I!) thrive on structure and routine and none of that happens on trips. We usually encounter more meltdowns (me included) than usual, which is why our vacations have always been quite abbreviated and within driving distance. We have yet to fly anywhere with any of the kids. I don't think I have the courage for that until all the kids are a bit older. But this getaway was different. I was so happy to stay within walking distance of all we wanted to do, to be able to enjoy everything without being pregnant, and to sleep in a separate area from the three big kids. We had so much fun! Thankful for seven wonderful and sanctifying years alongside Alex, who loves me well when I am so unlovely. God has been SO kind to us, beyond our wildest imaginations. He is a good Father, indeed. May the Lord make much of our marriage for His glory, amid our messes and shortcomings.

1 comment:

  1. Terima kasih sudah mengizinkan saya untuk berkomentar disini, artikel anda sangat bagus sekali. izinkan kami untuk menshare nya ke web kami di Gugur Kandungan
    atas izinnya kami haturkan terima kasi, semoga situs anda dan kami semakin maju dan berada di peringkat pertama google.
    https://telathaid.com/obat-aborsi/paket-4-bulan/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!