Monday, August 6, 2012

My awesome aeronauts

vbs 2012 3rd-4th
Last week's aviation-themed Vacation Bible School was an awe-inspiring blessing. Though I am a teacher, there is a world of difference teaching at VBS. There is much that I love and appreciate (as I divulge here), but nothing more than Jesus Christ. Being able to teach my students at VBS about the kindness and love of God through the gospel brings about an unparalleled joy. Not only that, but I was also graced with the sweetest group of 3rd-4th graders this year who impressed me with their thoughtful questions about Christ and their childlike faith. VBS holds a special place in my heart because it was through VBS in the summer of 2004 at the same church to which I am currently committed where I first heard the gospel that changed my life. And, well, it was all God's grace from there, as you can see here.

3 comments:

  1. Aw sounds like a special week :o) all the kids in this picture are just precious. I've thought about helping out with vbs, but have just never had the opportunity. perhaps next year. did it help you get in the teaching mood for this upcoming school year. teachers here go back in two weeks...how can summer be over??? when do you return??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anna! vbs sure did help with the teaching mood - haha! it is just so much fun though; hopefully you will be able to help with it next year :)

      the los angeles unified school district starts next week. eek! summer went by way too fast, for sure!

      Delete
  2. When I say, "awesome, you say aeronauts! Awesome! Aeronauts!!! Who are we?! Awesome Aeronauts!!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!