Sunday, August 26, 2012

To my brother

my family circa 1990 Dear brother,

The picture above is from your first birthday, and I know I am off by twenty-two years, but I like to think that it symbolizes the fact that you are now another year older and wiser. Apparently, I wasn't looking at the camera and was instead glaring at you because I was so jealous of all the attention you were getting on your first birthday, and because of the fact that you were such a cute baby. Thanks for granting me a dosage of humility that way. In all honesty, thanks that even though you are my younger brother, you have taken on the role of a protective older brother over the years. It's nice to have a six-foot-plus tall brother for that reason. It's also nice to have a brother who is the only other person on this earth who can relate to how wacky our parentals can be. Okay, I confess - it's nice to have a brother for many reasons, and I am glad you are mine. Happy 23rd birthday! Cheers to another year of adventuring and making your mark on this world. Come over for a brother dinner soon.

Love,
Your favorite sister

P.S. I just realized that I am currently the same age as Mom was in the photograph. That's nuts!

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday to your brother!! your mom looks so flyy in this pic haha. #early90s

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!