Monday, December 23, 2013

Tidbits of Christmas cheer

christmas 2013 decor
christmas 2013 decor
christmas 2013 decor
Not much Christmas decorating got accomplished in the new little home this year besides tidbits of the Yuletide season pictured above around the house and a tree up in the living room that we acquired the afternoon we took our first legit family pictures. I had high hopes of sewing stockings this year for Serene's first Christmas, but alas, that did not happen. Life has been a hullabaloo this holiday season, and God has been reminding me that Christmas ultimately isn't all about having a picture-perfectly decorated home, attending manifold parties, baking dozens of cookies from scratch, writing custom-made Christmas cards, wrapping gifts with nifty packaging, and such. Though all of these things are swell and sweet, I've been much too caught up on the fanfare that I've been stressed, selfish, and short-tempered. So humbling that though I know this, I've admittedly succumbed to the consumer culture Christmas craziness anyhow. Indeed, I am thankful for several accidents with our Christmas tree this year that glaringly revealed to me that I'd lost focus on Christ the Savior whose birth this holiday originated. We don't have elaborate plans tomorrow on Christmas Eve or on Christmas day - just a small dinner gathering tomorrow with a couple of family members, with time to reflect on God's surpassing gift to us in Christ. I can't wait. Plus, there's always next year to make stockings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!