Monday, February 17, 2014

Simple, short, and sushi-filled

valentine's day 2014
valentine's day 2014
valentine's day 2014
valentine's day 2014
valentine's day 2014
valentine's day 2014
valentine's day 2014
valentine's day 2014
valentine's day 2014
I'm days tardy, but I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day celebrating love with the ones you love! Alex and I commemorated a day early this year because there was a party for the children's group at our church on the actual evening of Valentine's Day, and then a community party for the residents at our apartment complex the night afterward. It worked out swimmingly since Thursday evenings are usually our date nights. Well, these days, they're more like family nights where we enjoy one another's company at home with our sweet babe. So we held the love fest at home after work in the midst of Serene's early evening nap. Once she knocked out, we just ordered sushi from a local restaurant, threw a tablecloth onto the dining table, brought out the wine glasses, lit some tapered candles from the dollar store, and enjoyed an hour just to ourselves.

I've been averaging one teary breakdown per week of late, feeling guilty that I simply can't do it all. I haven't been juggling different priorities as well as I'd wish. We're at the point where my hair is always up in a messy mop because I don't even brush my hair anymore. The simple, short, and sushi-filled dinner date just being able to have a heart-to-heart with Alex was so sweet. God reminded me how exceedingly blessed I am for my amazing husband who not only surprises me with nice-to-haves on a holiday, but also loves me abundantly and sacrificially every day, even if these days entail more emotional outbursts than usual. So thankful for him and how he leads our little family, for our joyful daughter, and ultimately, for Christ's unsurpassed love on the cross that displays to us the supreme example of boundless love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!