Monday, June 16, 2014

Daddy's Day

father's day 2014
father's day 2014
father's day 2014
father's day 2014
father's day 2014
father's day 2014
father's day 2014
My heart swells with joy every time I observe Alex interact with Serene. The bond between a father and his daughter is so sweet. Serene loves when she gets to observe the world from her daddy's shoulders, when he sings her silly songs in silly voices, when he tickles her in the tummy, when he dresses her incorrectly in her swimsuits, when he sucks it up to change her poop explosioned diapers, when he smothers her with kisses, when he pretends to be Cosette the fox in attempts to get her to nap, when he reads her bedtime stories and prays with her, when he tries to prevent her from destroying his books, when he gets tired after taking care of her for 10 minutes because he exerts all his energy into entertaining her, and so much more. I like to tease that Alex has become a big softie ever since she entered our lives, but in my hearts of hearts, I am overwhelmed by God's kindness in blessing us with a man like Alex. He loves me and Serene with overflowing joy, deep commitment, a sacrificial heart, and with servant leadership, all because he loves our Savior above all else. He is resolved to lead our family with grace and truth; Serene and I get to be the recipients of his abounding love that flows from his love for Christ!

Serene is her daddy's little girl, so she gave him a few simple mementos in commemoration of his first official Father's Day: this book to add to the collection of bedtime stories he reads to her every night, a handmade bookmark because her book lover daddy hinted that he wanted one featuring his little girl, and a lovely letter she asked me to translate for her (I also might have helped her sew the bookmark together). We love him so!

4 comments:

  1. this is a very cute bookmark.love it!!! what a great and meaningful gift to a daddy..you make it?

    xo josephine c.
    www.joselovincolors.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi josephine! thank you. you are so sweet! yes, alex had been wanting a bookmark with serene's picture, so i helped serene make it ;)

      Delete
  2. This post is so..so sweet. The bond between father and daughter sure is special and one of a kind. Any men sure will change when the little ones enter their lives. It is fun to watch how they interact. And the gift is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, I'm so behind! I just got caught up and I am so impressed and captured by your photography I love it. I love the beach pictures, the cherry pictures and UCLA pics. So wonderful, and baby girl is most precious. Love,

    Shauna xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!