Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Her dolly ring sling

doll ring sling
serene's doll sling
serene's doll sling
serene's doll sling
serene's doll sling
When we got Serene a baby doll as a gift for becoming a big sister, I planned to make a few accessories to go with it. Valor arrived a little earlier than we anticipated, so I had only ended up making a cloth diaper and a ring sling for Serene's new baby by the time he was born. I used some coordinating fabric I had on hand and bought a couple of metal rings from a local craft store to whip it up during Serene's nap while I was almost nine months pregnant with Valor. I examined my sling as a guide for Serene's dolly sling and sewed it accordingly. The only difference is that I made the dolly sling reversible. I'm loving the brilliant blue floral pattern that coordinates with the muted yellow and cream pattern on the other side. We presented the sling to Serene when we gifted the baby doll to her, but she didn't fancy it right away, probably because she wasn't sure what it was. It had been a couple months since I last wore her in the sling. Nowadays, she is all about being a little mama. She observes me take care of Valor and follows suit with her doll. About a week ago, we were getting ready to take a walk around our neighborhood. As I put Valor in the sling, I asked Serene, "Do you want to wear your baby in your sling?" "Yeah! Yeah!" she replied enthusiastically. So she donned her mama-made sling and proudly wore her baby that whole evening. It was pretty cute to see our baby wear her baby. Ever since then, she often says, "Sling? Mama, sling!" when she sees me wear her baby brother. And of course, I oblige because we can't get enough of babies wearing babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!