Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Fancies: on hospitality

sunset near three rivers
(picture taken during our trip here)

Even though it was a shorter week, I am so happy it's Friday. Aren't you? Long weekends seem to make the following week more jam-packed than customarily so. I'm all ajitter with excitement to be prepping for some birthdays, dinner parties, and baby showers coming up in the horizon, especially because reading this article on hospitality awhile back really resonated with my heart. It truly is such a blessing to be able to open our home to others, because, well, God was first hospitable to us through the gospel. Not only do we get to share a meal with others, but more importantly, we get to share life with and gospelize one another, which shows us all the more how awesome God is. So thankful that though we haven't much, we've a roof over our heads and a (usually) full fridge to share with others. If you're ever in the area, come over for dinner sometime, won't you? Happy weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

  1. How funny, I've been pondering the topic of hospitality and our duty to it as believers lately. The article you linked to was thought provoking and convicting - thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is phenomenal!! And I'll be honest, I really struggle with hospitality. I don't know why, but having people over stresses me out and makes me really nervous. I don't enjoy cooking for other people and so i avoid doing it. But I know that it's just an excuse, and having people in our home is a blessing.I just need to get out of my comfort zone and stop being so selfish. Thank you for your words, sweet lady. You really are a blessing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being hospitable honeybutter! You are a great servant and example of Christ through your yummy dinners and many intentional conversations we have!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!