Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Delectable banana pudding

banana pudding ingredients
bananas and vanilla wafers
condensed milk and heavy cream
blending
whipping cream
Bananas are just one of those fruits I just can't seem to enjoy, despite their health benefits and portability. I find them mushy, dense, and juiceless in an unsatisfying way, unlike most fruits. Though a plain ol' banana shall never land on my list of favorites, I don't mind them in a good peanut butter/banana/honey sandwich. Or some lip-smacking, old-fashioned banana pudding, especially when freshly whipped cream is involved in the decadent affair. Yum.banana pudding
Delectable Banana Pudding (adapted from here)

Ingredients:
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1½ cups ice cold water
1 (3.4-oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix (preferably Jell-O brand)
3 cups heavy cream
1 (15-ounce) box Nabisco Nilla Wafers
4 cups sliced ripe bananas

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together the sweetened condensed milk and water until well combined, about 1 minute. Add pudding mix and beat well, about 2 minutes more. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight, before continuing.
2. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until well blended and no streaks of pudding remain.
3. To assemble the dessert, select a large, wide bowl with a 4-5-quart capacity. Arrange one-third of the wafers to cover the bottom of the bowl, overlapping if necessary, then one-third of the bananas and one-third of the pudding. Repeat the layering twice more, garnishing with additional wafers or wafer crumbs on the top layer of the pudding. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator overnight before serving.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks so good. I have a load of bananas in my kitchen right now and all I could think of to make was banana bread...but this is now at the top of my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious!! I especially like your "yum" in chocolate. So cute. :3
    Ahh I need to stock up on some condensed milk in my fridge - I'm always lacking in that!

    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many dessert suprises! I love my wife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is gorgeous! And this recipe is most certainly tempting me to run into the kitchen as soon as possible and bake!

    I can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!