Saturday, October 31, 2020

Telling the story of tonight



"Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?"


“My name is Alexander Hamilton. There's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait, just you wait.”



"Angelica,"



"Eliza,"



"...and Peggy! The Schuyler sisters."



"Daddy said not to go downtown."



"Look around, look around, the revolution is happening..."



“I’m just like my country. I’m young, scrappy, and hungry. And I’m not throwing away my shot!”



“I’m looking for a mind at work!”



“Heed not the rabble who scream revolution. They have not your interests at heart.”



“My sister made her way across the room to you. And I got nervous, thinking “What’s she gonna do?”



“Helpless! Down for the count, and I’m drownin’ in ‘em.”



“All I have’s my honor, a tolerance for pain, a couple of college credits, and my top-notch brain.”



“May you always be satisfied.”



“How does a ragtag volunteer army in need of a shower somehow defeat a global superpower?”



“Why do you write like you’re running out of time? Write day and night like you’re running out of time?”



“The world turned upside down.”



“And when my time is up, have I done enough?”



“…and Peggy (again)!"

Greetings from 18th-century revolutionary era America! This is the first year we didn't dress up as a family, because 2020 has been quite a different year. Although Alex and I didn't don costumes, the kids were so excited to dress as their favorite characters from Hamilton, one of our family's favorite musicals. The kids have pretty memorized most of the songs from the first half of the show since it became available via streaming during the pandemic. Starring Valor as Alexander Hamilton, Serene as Angelica Schuyler, Reverie as Eliza Schuyler, and Verity as Peggy Schuyler.

We've also been learning about the colonial period, which culminated in our trip to participate in a Revolutionary War adventure with friends. It was such a fun way to tie in history, dressing up, and hands-on fun!

See our past Halloween costumes:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!