Sunday, October 31, 2021

A world of pure imagination

"Welcome, my friends. Welcome to my chocolate factory." - Willy Wonka




"Oompa loompa doompadee doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa loompa doompadee dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me."



"Look at me. I'm gonna be the first person in the world to be sent by television!" - Mike Teavee



"Daddy, I want a goose that lays golden eggs! I want it! Give it to me! NOW!" - Veruca Salt



"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka



"Let me in. I'm starving!" - Augustina Gloop



"Violet! You're turning violet!"



"Charlie? My boy! YOU'VE WON! YOU DID IT! I KNEW YOU WOULD, CHARLIE! I JUST KNEW YOU WOULD!" - Willy Wonka



Come with me and you’ll be in a world of pure imagination. Take a look and you’ll see the candyman Willy Wonka, his favorite Oompa Loompa, and the five winners of the Golden Tickets: Charlie Bucket, Violet Beauregarde, Mike Teavee, Veruca Salt, and Augustina Gloop. The two older kids read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last year. We watched the movie as a family a while ago and thought it would be fun to dress up as the cast, especially because there are five kids who win a visit to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. 

It was a doozy trying to put everyone's costumes together. Nearly everything was thrifted, DIYed, or something we already had in the closet. My goal this year was for each kid to have a prop that represents their character. Not sure how much longer we can keep up an annual family costume, but thankful we did so this year for Candor's first Halloween! He made the perfect Mike Teavee when he shrunk into the television.

 
See our past Halloween costumes:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for taking time to comment. We truly appreciate each and every one!